Spanish Peanut Crisps are a crispy cookie recipe made with oats, corn flakes and peanuts.
I know what you are thinking…the holidays they are over. Well, technically we are in the midst of the 12 days of Christmas and New Year’s Eve is just around the corner, so we can totally continue to bake under the guise of the holidays!
Thanks to the Great Cookie Exchange of 2010, I have several more cookie recipes to share with you, my friends!
Mrs. C joined our rag-tag group of cookie lovers at the Exchange. Now, I’ve known Mrs. C since I was a little girl. She taught school with my mom and continues to be a very good friend of the family. Mrs. C is known for her delicious Christmas candy and we were all expecting her Exchange offering would be chocolate covered confections. Much to our surprise (and delight) she included some cookies with her plate of candy!
One of the best parts of the Exchange was hearing the stories behind some of the cookies made. Mrs. C decided to pay homage to her Granny and bake some of the cookies she remembered enjoying as a child.
This butter cookie was as yummy as it was beautiful.
She decorated each of our snowflake cookies differently because no two snowflakes are alike!
Her other plate included a date roll cookies and a Spanish Peanut Crisp.
It’s the Spanish Peanut Crisp recipe that I am going to share with you today. It’s a crispy cookie…hence the name…that has corn flakes, oats AND Spanish peanuts – those ones with the redskin!
Mrs. C only brought one recipe card to the Exchange and I’ve already been notified by my aunt that I can’t be hogging it much longer.
So, without further ado, here’s the recipe for Mrs. C’s (well, her Granny’s) Spanish Peanut Crisps.
Ingredients for Spanish Peanut Crisps
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. packed lt. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 c. sifted flour
- 1 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1 1/4 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. finely crushed corn flakes
- 1 c. salted Spanish peanuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and beat well.
Sift dry ingredients in separate bowl. Gradually add to creamed mix. Mix in oats and corn flakes. Stir in peanuts.
Shape dough into quarter-inch balls and place on greased baking sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Our Favorite Holiday Cookie Recipes
We love making cookies at Christmas (really any time of the year) and we have tons of recipes on our blog.
- Dainty Log Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Nut Cookies
- Granny’s Sugar Cookies
- French Buttercream Cookies
- Peanut Blossom Cookies
Spanish Peanut Crisps
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour sifted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup corn flakes finely crushed
- 1 cup Spanish peanuts salted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg to butter and sugar. Beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and baking powder) in separate bowl.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats and corn flakes.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Shape dough into quarter-inch balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.