These Crock Pot Apple Crisp Pork Chops are a combination of savory and sweet that will make dessert unnecessary. The cinnamon-apples and crumbly topping keeps the pork chops juicy and tender.
Crockpot Apple Crisp Pork Chops
Have you ever taken two totally different recipes and tried to create something totally weird but wonderful? This is one of those crazy recipe mash-ups that might not sound like it works, but does.
Barbara modified our grandma’s apple crisp recipe for the slow cooker and then did something CRAZY. She made it a full meal by adding pork chops. In her words…it was amazing!! She couldn’t couldn’t decide if she was eating the main course or the dessert.
Apples perfectly compliment pork chops making this a match made in heaven. The dish is similar to apple-cinnamon pork chops but with a buttery, crumbly topping. Serve it over rice or on its own.
- Bone-in Pork Chops
- Frozen Apples (chunks or slices)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Granulated Sugar
- All Purpose Flour
How to Make Slow Cooker Apple Crisp Pork Chops
Step by Step Instructions
- Place pork chops in the bottom of the slow cooker insert that has been well-coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix apple chunks and cinnamon, then spread over pork chops.
- Work butter, sugar and flour together until butter is in small pea-sized bits, using a pastry blender, two knives or your hands.
- Sprinkle over apples and pork chops.
- Cook on high for 2.5 to 3 hours until pork chops are fully cooked.
Let leftovers cool. Transfer to an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat in the microwave.
Full recipe is at the bottom of the page.
- Use brown sugar instead of white sugar. Or replace sugar with honey.
- Add a little ground nutmeg.
- Use fresh apples such as Granny Smith, Fuji or Gala apples.
- Add sliced onions for more flavor.
- To ensure your pork chops are tender, sprinkle with a tenderizer from the spice section.
Love apples? Try our Old-Fashioned Apple Cake recipe drenched in caramel sauce. Looking for more pork chop recipes? Our Pork Chop Potato Bake is a family favorite. Or try these Baked Cranberry Pork Chops.
Crock Pot Apple Crisp Pork Chops
- 4-6 pork chops
- 32 oz. frozen apple chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- Arrange pork chops in a crock pot insert that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix apple chunks and cinnamon together; pour over pork chops.
- Work butter, sugar and flour together until butter is in small pea sized bits, using a pastry blender, two knives or your hands.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over apples.
- Cook on high for 2.5 to 3 hours or until pork chops are cooked to your liking.