This Amaretto French Toast is a perfect breakfast or brunch for two. The splash of Amaretto in the batter kicks this French Toast up to another level.
Barbara is a little obsessed with Amaretto right now. YUM! She’s created several dishes featuring it (stay tuned for more on the blog soon).
This Amaretto French Toast would be a great option for breakfast in bed for your sweetheart’s birthday or Valentine’s Day. This recipe is easily double, tripled or quadrupled if you are having a friends and family over for breakfast or brunch.
Make a couple batches for the adults and another couple – without the Amaretto – for the children.
We say the toasted coconut is “optional” but trust us, you will want to top this French toast with it. It just adds another layer of flavor.
Another tip from Barbara is warm up the maple syrup before serving…you will never regret the extra effort!
Amaretto French Toast
Barbara uses her electric griddle for this French toast and pancakes. We use our electric skillet to make French toast and pancakes. We also use our electric skillet EVERY weekend to prep our eggs and breakfast meats (sausage patties and bacon) for the week.
These two appliances are the most used appliances in both of our kitchens. They mean less time standing over the stove.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4. teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Amaretto
- 4 slices Texas Toast
- Toasted cococnut optional
- Heat a large skillet or electric skillet over medium heat; add butter to melt.
- Whisk together egg, milk, vanilla and Amaretto in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the Texas toast in the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Cook the toast for 2-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve with toasted cocount and warmed maple syrup.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links.