Easy Chicken Enchilada Biscuit Bake
Easy Chicken Enchilada Biscuit Bake is the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight. Chicken, black beans and cheese are stuffed into canned, refrigerated biscuits and then baked in a combination of enchilada sauce and cream of chicken soup. The result will have your family licking their plates and begging for more.
Servings: 8 foldovers
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces Red enchilada sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix chicken, black beans and shredded cheese.
In a small saucepan, mix cream of chicken soup and red enchilada sauce. Warm over low heat.
Take each biscuit, and flatten and stretch with your fingers. Fill with approximately 3 Tablespoons chicken filling. Fold over the biscuit and gently seal by pinching with fingers.
Fill the remaining biscuits, and arrange in the 9 x 13 inch pan.
Pour the warmed sauce over the fold-overs.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through.
- This recipe is inspired by our favorite Chicken Crescent Bake.
- Use whatever type of cooked chicken you have on hand - canned chicken (drained), rotisserie, grilled chicken, poached chicken, etc.
- Red enchilada sauce can be found in the Mexican aisle at the grocery store. If you like some spice, go for the spicy version or use the mild like we did.
- My kids love black beans, but you can use whatever kind you have one hand like kidney beans. Or, leave them out completely.
- If you have leftover filling for these chicken enchilada foldovers, do what grandma would do. Sprinkle it around the turnovers before pouring on the sauce. Don't waste it.
- Looking for some more kid friendly meal ideas? Try our Spaghetti Pie, One Pot Frisco Melt Hamburger Helper, Cheeseburger Quiche and Cheeseburger Turnovers.