Vintage Spiced Pumpkin Cake
Vintage Spiced Pumpkin Cake is a simple recipe to follow that is big on flavor featuring cinnamon and ground cloves. The addition of raisins gives this pumpkin spice cake a perfect moist texture. Serve with coffee for breakfast or add a cream cheese icing for an easy dessert option.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) can canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a 13 x 9 inch pan by greasing all surfaces.
Beat together butter and sugar until creamy; blend in pumpkin.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, ground cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Add raisins and chopped nuts.
Add the dry ingredients slowly to the butter mixture, and mix until completely incorporated.
Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Let cool and top with a cream cheese frosting, if desired
- This is a very simple spiced pumpkin cake recipe. The addition of raisins, nuts and cloves make it extra special.
- You could take this spiced pumpkin cake to the next level by topping with a cream cheese icing. Try our version here.
- Make this recipe as a bread or a cake. Or make it extra pretty by using a Bundt pan.
- Pumpkin is one of our weaknesses here at These Old Cookbooks. Try Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, Pumpkin Crunch Bars, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins and Frozen Pumpkin Delight for a start.