Mom's Hamburger Gravy
Mom's Hamburger Gravy is our go-to dinner when we are short on time and starving. The ingredients are probably already in your refrigerator and pantry, and you can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes flat.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2-1 cups water
Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion over medium high heat; season with salt and pepper.
Add flour and stir, cooking for 30 seconds to a minute to remove raw flour flavor.
Lower heat to medium low, and slowly add milk stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
Gradually add water to thin out the gravy to the desired consistency.
Serve over biscuits, toast or mashed potatoes.
- This is a great hamburger gravy recipe! It can be made in less than 20 minutes, and it contains easy ingredients!
- Brown your ground beef in a large skillet. Add the chopped onions in with the ground beef during the browning stage for great flavor.
- Whenever I'm browning up ground beef, I like to add just a little bit of water to the bottom of the skillet to help cook the hamburger and onions.
- It's up to you on how thick or thin you want your creamed hamburger gravy. Start with 1/2 cup water and increase as desired.
- This easy hamburger gravy is delicious served over biscuits, toast or mashed potatoes.
- Kids love all things gravy. Try Easy Chipped Beef Gravy and Creamed Chipped Beef.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 457mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 66IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg