Brown Sugar Mustard Glazed Ham Steak
Are you looking for quick and easy ham steak recipes? This Brown Sugar Mustard Glazed Ham Steak is a fast meal full of flavor and features just three simple ingredients.
- 1 lb. bone-in fully cooked ham steak
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard, prepared
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to Broil (high).
Prepare boiler pan by adding 2 cups water. Place grated rack over top. Spray top with non-stick cooking spray, if desired.
Put the ham steak on the rack, and broil for 10 minutes.
Flip ham steak. Spread mustard over ham, and sprinkle generously with brown sugar.
Broil for an additional 5 minutes or until browned slightly.
- You can make as many ham steaks as your family needs.
- Ham steaks come in various sizes. Your ham steak may take fewer minutes to broil or more minutes to broil for this reason.
- If you use the High Broil feature, your steak will cook faster. On the flip side, if you use the Low Broil, it may take a little longer to cook.
- Ham steaks are already smoked. This means that you don't need to worry about cooking through. Instead you just need to warm it.
- Since there are various sizes of ham steaks, you may need a little more or a little less mustard and brown sugar. Just eyeball it!
- The water in the bottom of the broiler pan serves 2 purposes. First off, it keeps the ham steak from drying out. Secondly, it makes for easier clean up.
- You can spray the grated sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray to help speed up the cleaning process.
- Looking for a stove top ham steak recipe? Try this 12-Minute Ham Steak recipe (with maple gravy).
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 1621mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg