French Onion Hamburger Pie - A Ground Beef Crescent Pie Recipe
French Onion Hamburger Pie is a quick, thirty minute dinner. This ground beef crescent pie recipe will satisfy the hungriest of appetites.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 10.5 ounces condensed French Onion Soup
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dough
- 1 - 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard 9 inch pie plate.
Brown ground beef; drain grease if necessary.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour and water.
Add flour mixture and condensed French Onion Soup to ground beef; simmer for a few minutes until thickened.
Make a crust out of crescent dough by separating the triangles and pressing into the pie plate with the points to the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides.
Pour the beef mixture into the crescent crust. Top with shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the crust.
Let stand for 5 - 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Ground turkey could be substituted for ground beef, if desired.
- Substitute mozzarella cheese for Swiss, if desired.
- Shredding a block of cheese instead of buying pre-shredded cheese results in a better melt.
- This crescent beef pie holds together better if you let it sit 5 - 10 minutes before cutting.
- I love serving this with a side salad and French Onion Rice.