Leftover Ham and Noodle Casserole
Leftover Ham and Noodle Casserole is the perfect way to use up leftover baked ham. With only 5 simple ingredients, this dish won't break the bank, and the ingredients are probably already in your pantry.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 3 cups leftover baked ham
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook macaroni according to package instructions, and then drain.
In a food processor, pulse leftover ham until ground into a fine dice.
Combine ground ham, sour cream. and macaroni and mix gently,
Pour into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
Mix melted butter and cornflakes, and sprinkle over casserole.
Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
- Recipes using leftover baked ham are the best, and it's the frugal way, the old fashioned way, and the way of our ancestors.
- Leftover Ham and Noodle Casserole recipe calls for noodles. This can be elbow macaroni, wide egg noodles or whatever type of noodle or pasta you have in the cabinet. Just be sure to cook the noodles per package instructions, and it doesn't hurt to under-cook them. Just be sure not to over cook since they will continue to cook in the oven.
- You can make leftover ham casserole recipe lower in fat by using low fat sour cream if desired.
- There is no need to salt this casserole since the ham already has so much sodium.
- If you don't have cornflakes in the cabinet, try topping with crushed potato chips or crackers.
- Try making your ham in the Crock Pot. We recommend Brown Sugar Glazed Spiral Ham.