Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Jello
This three ingredient Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Jello is the perfect way to make a yummy refrigerator jam in less than 15 minutes.
- 6 cups rhubarb
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 oz. strawberry jello mix
Wash rhubarb and cut into 1 inch chunks.
Add rhubarb and sugar into a food processor bowl. Pulverize until the rhubarb and sugar make a wet paste.
Pour rhubarb mash into a small saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a rolling boil, and continue to boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in Strawberry Jello until completely mixed.
Pour into a clean quart mason jar or heat proof container. Let cool before covering with lid.
Refrigerate overnight so the jam can set up. Enjoy!
Makes one quart of jam, one Tablespoon is a serving.
- We've noticed that the red coloring in strawberry jello has changed in the past couple years. The end result of the jam is more of a dark pink than a deep red.
- Small Batch Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Jello makes 1 quart of jam.
- There is no processing of the jam when you are done. Once it's complete, store it in the refrigerator until it is used up.
- The jam will continue to set up over several hours in the refrigerator.
- This is a pectin-free strawberry rhubarb jam recipe. You do not have to mess around with buying packs of pectin.
- We love that this is only a 3 ingredient Strawberry Rhubarb Jam recipe. It contains one box of strawberry Jello, rhubarb and sugar. That's it - 3 ingredients!
- This may be the most flavorful strawberry rhubarb jam recipe around, and that's because it gets it's flavor from the box of strawberry Jello. YUM!
- Not only is this delicious over toast, but you could also warm some up and serve over ice cream like our Grandma's vanilla ice cream. Or you could switch it out for Cranberry sauce in our Grandma's Pork Chop Recipe.
Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 12IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg