Classic Orange Julius Recipe - A Copycat Recipe for Orange Julius
Classic Orange Julius is an easy and kid-friendly smoothie recipe perfect for a hot, summer day. A drink made in the blender just screams FUN! This copycat recipe for Orange Julius is a blast from the past.
- 1 6 oz. can frozen orange juice* *half of a 12 oz container
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- ¼- ½ cup sugar
- ½ - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10-12 ice cubes
This is a recipe that can be customized to your taste, especially the amount of sugar you use.
In a blender or food processor, add frozen orange juice concentrate, water, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and ice cubes.
Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into a glass.
Serve with a straw on a hot summer day!
- Want a different flavor? Add some pineapple juice or fresh strawberries.
- Whole milk gives the thickest texture, but other types work too.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra creaminess.
- This copycat Orange Julius uses a half of the typical size frozen OJ concentrate. Take a sharp knife, and cut through the cardboard. Place the other half in a zip-lock baggie, and place back in the freezer.
- The original classic orange julius recipe calls for a half cup of sugar but we use a quarter cup and adjust to our preferred level of sweetness. Use as much or as little as you prefer.
- We love using a Ninja Professional Blender to make this summer drink.
- Looking for another cold drink? Try our Hard Blackberry Lemonade.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 81mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 69mg