Crock Pot Ground Beef Acapulco Enchiladas
These Crock Pot Ground Beef Acapulco Enchiladas are quick to put together in a casserole slow cooker and can satisfy the family's need for Mexican food.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup green peppers chopped
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15.5 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 lb. Velvetta cheese cubed
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 10 oz. can tomatoes with green chiles
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and green peppers; add tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Add beans and 1/2 of the Velveeta cheese; continue to cook until cheese melts.
Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup meat mixture; arrange in the insert of a casserole crockpot insert that has been sprayed with nonstick spray with the seam side down.
Top with remaining meat and cheese. Pour can of tomatoes (undrained) over the top.
Cover and cook over low heat for 3 hours.
- If your family doesn't like any spice, you can substitute a can of regular diced tomatoes for the tomatoes with chilies.
- If you want to make it in the traditional oven, place in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, cover and cook at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for additional 5-8 minutes.
- Easy Taco Soup is another easy ground beef crock pot recipe.