Crock Pot Ground Beef Enchiladas - How to Make Enchiladas in the Crockpot
These Crock Pot Ground Beef Acapulco Enchiladas are quick to put together in a casserole slow cooker and can satisfy the family's need for Mexican food.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup green peppers chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 15.5 ounces canned kidney or pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 lb. Velvetta cheese cubed
- 6 - 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 10 ounces canned tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and green peppers; add tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Add beans and 1/2 of the Velveeta cheese; continue to cook until cheese melts.
Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup meat mixture; arrange in the insert of a casserole crockpot insert that has been sprayed with nonstick spray with the seam side down.
Top with remaining meat mixture. Top with other half of cubed Velveeta cheese. Pour can of tomatoes (undrained) over the top.
Cover and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Use any color bell peppers for the green, if desired.
- If you've got leftover ground beef enchilada filling, spread it over top the rolled enchiladas before adding the Rotel.
- If your family doesn't like any spice, you can substitute a can of regular diced tomatoes for the tomatoes with chilies.
- If you want to make it in the traditional oven, place in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, cover and cook at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for additional 5-8 minutes.
- Barbara likes fixing these in her casserole crock pot on the weekend when she's prepping several meals for the week and can have these cooking while she's fixing another meal in the oven and another on the stove-top.
- Easy Taco Soup is another easy ground beef crock pot recipe.