Tuna Salad Coneys
These Tuna Salad Coneys take a classic we all know and turn it into a hot, cheesy sandwich that is full of flavor. Make up the tuna salad ahead of time or even freeze the unheated sandwiches in foil and pull out for a quick weeknight meal.
- 1 cup American cheese Velveeta, cubed
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 5 oz. can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 Tablespoons green pepper chopped
- 2 Tablespoons onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Hot dog or Hoagie Buns buttered
Lightly mix together all ingredients except for Hoagie Buns.
Butter the inside of buns, fill with tuna salad.
Wrap each sandwich individually in aluminum foil.
Heat on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes in a 250 degree F oven.
These will fill 4-6 Hoagie buns depending on how much tuna salad you put in the buns or you can use a whole pack of hot dog buns.