Strawberry Chiffon Squares - A No Bake Strawberry Chiffon Dessert
Strawberry Chiffon Squares with condensed milk, Jello and whipping cream is the perfect summer dessert. This no bake strawberry chiffon dessert makes one large pan or two strawberry chiffon pies.
Servings: 12 people
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces strawberry Jello
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 10 ounces frozen, sliced strawberries, thawed with the juices
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
Add melted butter to crushed graham cracker crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Chill until ready to fill.
Whip 1 cup of whipping cream, and set aside.
Add boiling water to strawberry Jello; stir until dissolved.
Stir in sweetened condensed milk and thawed frozen strawberries.
Fold in whipped cream and marshmallows gently.
Pour over chilled graham cracker crust.
Chill until set, approximately 2 - 3 hours.
- The original recipe for strawberry chiffon squares calls for a 11 x 7 inch baking dish. If you do not have one, use a 13 x 9 inch baking dish or (2) pie pans for strawberry chiffon pie.
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers equals one small package from a box of standard sized graham crackers.
- Be sure to use sweetened condensed milk not evaporated milk. It is not the same and will not work.
- Use frozen, sliced strawberries or use whole, frozen strawberries and be sure to slice them after they thaw. Do not discard the juices!
- Heavy whipping cream works best; just whip it up in a blender. I like to put my bowl and beater into the refrigerator for a little bit so it's cold before I make homemade whipped cream. In a pinch, Cool Whip will work too.
- Love strawberries? Try Grandma's Strawberry Pie!