What's the secret to a tender steak? Use a simple marinade for steak to ensure a flavorful, fork-tender cut of meat. Our beef marinade has four simple ingredients which are probably already in your pantry.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder.
Pour over thawed steaks in marinating container or resealable bag.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight, flipping once or twice if possible.
Grill to your desired doneness.
- Substitute white vinegar or apple cider vinegar for Red Wine vinegar, if needed.
- Fresh garlic makes for great flavor if you have it on hand instead of garlic powder. Use 1 - 2 cloves, minced.
- Regular sugar, honey or maple sugar could be used instead of brown sugar.
- Use low sodium soy sauce, if possible
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours minimum, if possible.
- If desired, let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Use a resealable bag or a special marinating container like this one.
- I recommend pulling the meat out to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Once cooked, let your steak rest for 5 minutes before cutting to prevent all the juices from releasing from the meat.
- Try our 3 ingredient Steak Marinade, too!