Chocolate Kahlua Bundt Cake - A Black Russian Cake
Chocolate Kahlua Bundt Cake is a light and airy double chocolate cake doused in a sweet, boozy glaze. It starts with a two shortcut ingredients, cake mix and pudding mix and is jazzed up with two types of booze, Kahlua and Creme de Cacao. Traditionally, this boozy chocolate cake is called a Black Russian Cake.
Black Russian Cake
- 15.25 ounces dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3.5 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup strong coffee
- 3/4 cup Kahlua and creme de cacao, combined
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons strong coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 Tablespoons creme de cacao
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare Bundt pan by greasing and lightly flouring.
Beat cake mix, oil, chocolate pudding mix, eggs, 3/4 cup coffee and 3/4 cup combined Kahlua and creme de cacao for 4 minutes on medium speed.
Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5 - 10 minutes before inverting and removing from pan.
Poke holes all over warm cake with toothpick or cake tester.
Combine powdered sugar, 2 T. coffee, 2 T. Kahlua, 2 T. creme de cacao and vanilla.
Brush all over cake. Place a plate underneath the cooling rack to catch excess. Pour back over cake until all combined.
- Use a dark chocolate cake mix if possible for a deeper chocolate flavor.
- If you can't find creme de cacao, use Godiva Liquor.
- Let your eggs come to room temperature, if possible before preparing this Black Russian Cake.
- Sift your powdered sugar for a lump-free Kahlua glaze.
- For better flavor, brew your coffee strong.
- Be sure to use instant chocolate pudding mix.
- For a fun twist, use Salted Caramel Kahlua.
- The boozy glaze will absorb better if the cake is slightly warm. If you miss this point, try warming up the glaze before brushing over the cake.
- Place a plate under the cake on the cooling rack to catch the glaze that falls off. Pour back over the cake!
- Love Kahlua? Try our Dirty White Russian cocktail.