Pie Crust Pinwheels
Pie Crust Pinwheels are an easy, shortcut recipe using leftover pie crust. With three different filling options, these pie crust cookies come together in a pinch.
Servings: 16 cookies
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons white (granulated) or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Roll out pie crust.
Brush with melted butter.
Sprinkle with desired filling (traditional or cocoa filling found above).
Roll up tightly. Brush with more melted butter.
Cut into 1/3 to 1/2 inch slices.
Place on cookie sheet.
Bake for 15-16 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- These are a great way to use leftover pie crust. Or, go ahead and buy the rolled up pie crust from the refrigerated section for a quick cookie recipe.
- Substitute melted margarine for butter, if desired.
- Choose one of three filling options below.
- Brown sugar and ground cinnamon
- White sugar and ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar and cocoa powder
- Drizzle with a homemade powdered sugar glaze, if desired before serving.
- Place these in an air-tight container or zip-lock bag and store in the freezer for later.
- Love pies? Try our favorite Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 16mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 44IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg