Instant Pot American Goulash (Instant Pot Chop Suey Recipe)
Instant Pot American Goulash (Instant Pot Chop Suey Recipe) updates our classic ground beef goulash into a quick pressure-cooker recipe. Using hamburger and elbow macaroni, this goulash recipe is a cult favorite with kids.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes
Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Brown ground beef and onions. Season with salt and pepper.
Add all other ingredients and stir.
Cover and set to sealing. Set to manual, high pressure and cook for 4 minutes.
Release pressure with quick pressure release. Stir before serving.
Serve topped with grated Parmesan, if desired.
- Use fresh, minced garlic if possible for best flavor. The jarred, refrigerated kind works too.
- If you can't find a blend of Italian seasonings, use a combination of dried basil and oregano.
- Butter helps keep the elbow macaroni noodles from sticking together.
- Stewed tomatoes are great as a substitute for regular diced tomatoes.
- Use the quick release method for the Instant Pot pressure to prevent over-cooking the pasta.
- Looking for a stove-top ground beef goulash? Try this one!
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 757mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 318IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 3mg