Cornflake Candy with Marshmallows
Cornflake Candy with Marshmallows looks fancy, but in reality, the recipe is so simple, that even children can follow the instructions. These divine cookies will satisfy any sweet tooth, and the recipe only calls for five ingredients.
Servings: 16 cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal
Heat sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan until it comes to a full, rolling boil. Stir occasionally. Once boiling, remove from heat.
Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.
Stir in mini marshmallows and cornflakes. Only stir until the cornflakes are completely coated; do not fully stir in melted marshmallows.
Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper. Let cool before eating.
- Use creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy, if desired.
- To help the corn syrup pour easily from the measuring cup, spray it first with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melted sugar is extremely hot; do not touch the mixture until cooled.
- Move quickly when dropping the spoonfuls of cookies onto the parchment paper. They will harden quickly.
- Try adding some more fun add-ins such as coconut, rice krispies, dried fruit, etc.
- Try our original peanut butter cornflake cookies by looking here!
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 189mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 2mg