Western Dressing Pasta Salad
Western Dressing Pasta Salad has all your favorite taco toppings. Containing hamburger and pasta, it's hearty enough to make a full meal.
Servings: 8 people
- 12 ounces rotini or spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 ounce dry taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large diced green pepper
- 1 large diced tomato
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 15 ounces Western dressing
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and let cool.
In a skillet, brown ground beef and onions; drain excess grease if needed.
Add water and taco seasoning; simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta and meat mixture, diced green peppers and tomatoes, and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir gently to combine.
Refrigerate for one hour minimum before serving.
- I used tri-colored rotini pasta but the regular version would work too.
- Try subbing in any type of your favorite pasta shapes for rotini.
- Substitute Catalina dressing for Western dressing if desired.
- Add sliced black olives, if desired.
- Add black beans or kidney beans, if desired.
- Swap red, orange or yellow peppers for green.
- Love raw onion? Add it to the salad instead of cooking with the ground beef.
- Colby Jack, Taco-Blend Cheese or even Monterrey Jack cheese would all be great in this salad.
- Be sure the pasta and ground beef mixture are both cooled before mixing together this western pasta salad. This prevents the cheese from melting and the vegetables from loosing their crunchy texture.
- Love anything taco? Try all our favorite taco recipes.
- Prepare this the night before to make for an easy dinner.
- If the salad seems a bit dry after sitting in the refrigerator, add more dressing to this pasta taco salad.
Calories: 588kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1163mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 639IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 2mg