Stroganoff Loose Meat Sandwiches
With a skillet and just a handful of ingredients, Stroganoff Loose Meat Sandwiches are on the table in just a matter of minutes. These tavern burgers are chalked full of flavor in a simple beef stroganoff-inspired sauce.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 4 Tablespoons sour cream, heaping
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onions, chopping into small pieces. Drain excess grease if needed.
Add Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, dried parsley, sour cream, water and salt. Simmer until the flavors combine and the sauce thickens, approximately 10 minutes. Add a little excess water to adjust the consistency of the sauce, if desired.
Serve on a bun or over a baked potato.
- Chop up your ground beef in to small pieces. Try a tool like this one.
- If you like your meat a little sloppier, add a bit more water at a time until you get it to your desired consistency.
- Chopped mushrooms would be an awesome addition to this stroganoff loose meat.
- Try serving the leftover tavern burgers over a baked potato.
- Substitute fresh parsley for dried, if desired.
- Dried, chopped onion can be used for fresh if desired.
- If you like this version, try our French Onion Joes!
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 468mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg