Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
Have a bounty of zucchini? Use it up with a huge batch of Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies. These soft, moist cookies are a hit with kids, and they won't even realize they are eating their veggies!
Servings: 64 cookies
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Cream brown sugar, white sugar, shortening, eggs, and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine shredded zucchini, flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
Drop by teaspoon on a greased baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
Cool on the pan for 3-4 minutes; remove and cool on a cooling rack.
- Crisco sticks work great for the shortening. They typically come in 1 cup sticks. I often use butter flavored Crisco.
- This recipe for old fashioned zucchini cookies makes a bit batch of cookies, approximately 64 cookies.
- The batter tends to be a little on the wet side which results in a soft, moist zucchini cookie.
- To easily shred the zucchini, use a food processor.
- For most recipes that call for chopped nuts, I use pecans. Chopped walnuts would work too!
- Zucchini and chocolate chips are the perfect pairing. Try Mom's Perfect Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread or Iced Zucchini Bars (with chocolate chips).
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg