Pizza Potato Casserole - A Pizza Casserole With Ground Beef Recipe
Pizza Potato Casserole is a cheesy casserole that your kids will love. With a base of diced potatoes, it's an easy and economical dinner that can be stretched to serve a crowd.
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time1 hour hr 15 minutes mins
Total Time1 hour hr 35 minutes mins
Course: Casserole, Entree, Main Course
Keyword: cheesy pizza casserole, italian pizza potato casserole, pizza casserole, pizza casserole with ground beef, pizza casserole without pasta, Pizza Potato Casserole
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 10.25 ounces cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups potatoes, diced small
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Brown ground beef and onions in a skillet; drain excess grease if desired.
Add salt, pepper, butter, sugar, oregano, cheddar cheese soup, Parmesan cheese, and milk; stir until smooth.
Stir in diced potatoes; pour into prepared casserole dish.
Pour tomato sauce over top of beef mixture. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Try substituting ground sausage or turkey for the ground beef.
- Cheddar cheese soup can be found in the soup aisle at the grocery store. It's a handy pantry staple for all casseroles.
- Out of fresh onions? Use 1 tablespoon of dried minced onion instead.
- Shredded Parmesan can be used instead of grated.
- Prep this pizza casserole without pasta on the weekend, and bake on a weeknight to save some time.
- Feeling lazy? There's no need to peel your potatoes if you don't want to.
- Dice the potatoes small to speed up cooking time.
- Why do we add sugar? Tomato based recipes are very acidic, and sugar cuts the acid flavor with a bit of sweetness.
- Love pizza? Try our Pizza inspired bread.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 951mg | Potassium: 998mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 691IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 275mg | Iron: 3mg