Nothing says comfort food like beef stew. Mom's Crock Pot Beef Stew is hearty, full of flavor and easy to put together for a busy weeknight or a Sunday night family dinner.
Entree, Main Course
beef stew, crock pot beef stew, easy beef stew, mom's beef stew, slow cooker beef stew
beef stew meat or boneless beef chuck roast
peeled and diced
peeled and cubed
Spray crock pot insert.
Layer the first five ingredients in order listed.
Combine salt and tapioca and sprinkle over top.
Pour tomato juice over the top.
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Feel free to brown the stew meat in oil to form a crust before adding it to the insert. This does give another dimension of flavor, but it is not necessary. I do it both ways just depending on how much time I have.
- You can modify the amounts of each vegetables based on what you have in the refrigerator or what your family prefers in this crock pot beef stew and vegetable recipe. Kids hate celery? Replace it with more carrots. You get the picture.
- The salt content in this crock pot beef stew with vegetables seems like a lot, but it needs it.
- You can easily double the entire recipe for this slow cooker beef stew recipe.
- Give the stew a good stir before serving to incorporate the sauce over all the layers.
- Looking for another recipe for a cold winter day? Try Mom's Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole.