Sweet Corn Casserole
Sweet Corn Casserole is a classic side dish recipe that the entire family will love. Jiffy Cornbread mix is the base of this creamy casserole, and the addition of honey takes this tasty dish from good to great.
- 15.25 ounces canned corn, drained
- 14.75 ounces creamed corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 8.5 ounces Jiffy corn bread mix
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
Mix all ingredients together.
Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- This Sweet Corn Casserole is a classic. It is also known as baked creamed corn, escalloped corn, and scalloped corn.
- You'll need both a can of creamed corn (undrained) and a can or regular corn (drained). I sometimes will use fresh sweet corn that has been frozen. Substitute it for the regular corn. The creamed corn cannot be omitted or substituted.
- To ensure the butter doesn't scramble the eggs, beat them in last after the melted butter has been mixed in, or let the melted butter cool for a bit.
- The honey is what makes this a sweet corn casserole; you can adjust to your liking. I recommend 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- This baked creamed corn is on our menu for every holiday. We serve it along side Crock Pot Beef Brisket, Old Fashioned Pea Salad, and Crock Pot Green Beans.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 647IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg