Pineapple Cheese Ball
Love the combination of salty and sweet? This Pineapple Cheese Ball with Pecans has a sweet pineapple flavor that goes hand in hand with the saltiness of chopped pecans. It comes together easily, and includes common ingredients ---cream cheese, crushed pineapple, green pepper, onion, pecans an salt. Serve with crackers for a new favorite appetizer.
Servings: 8 servings
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8.5 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 cups pecans, chopped (reserve half for coating)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
Mix all ingredients together (reserve 1/2 of chopped pecans for coating).
Shape into a ball, and roll in reserved pecans.
Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Soften the cream cheese for this easy cheese ball recipe before mixing.
- Be sure to drain the crushed pineapple.
- Chop the pecans to the desired consistency, and save 1/2 for the coating on the outside.
- The sweetness of the pineapple and the saltiness of the pecans are perfect in this sweet pineapple cheese ball with pecans.
- Pecans are the star of many of our recipes including Slow Cooker Glazed Pecans, Hot Dried Beef Dip, Spiced Pecans, Praline Pumpkin Bars.
- Can you freeze a cheese ball? Yes! Do not coat with pecans. Wrap tightly with saran wrap, and then put in an airtight zip-lock bag.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1055mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 809IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg