Cheesy Potatoes with Bacon
Cheesy Potatoes with Bacon will be your new favorite side dish. It features an easy cheese sauce made with Velveeta, Miracle Whip, salt and black pepper and a bacon topping that sends the humble potato out of this world.
- 5 pounds potatoes, washed, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 pound Velveeta, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 slices bacon
Boil washed, peeled and sliced potatoes in water until just fork tender; drain.
Add back to the pan, and add diced Velveeta, Miracle whip, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan; layer uncooked bacon on top of potatoes. Bacon can be cut into small bite-sized pieces.
Bake at 350 degrees F until bacon is done and potatoes are bubbly, around 45 minutes.
- This cheesy potato with bacon recipe features a 2 ingredient cheese sauce made with Velveeta and Miracle Whip. It is simple and delicious.
- I sliced my washed and peeled potatoes before boiling, but in all reality, they get mushed up when stirring in the Velveeta and Miracle whip, so you can dice however you please.
- Use a big pot or a large skillet like this one (my new favorite) when boiling the potatoes. Drain the water carefully so you don't burn yourself.
- When you boil the potatoes, you can under cook them just a bit because they will finish cooking in the oven.
- I love easy potato casseroles including our 4-ingredient version made in the crock pot.
- If you are adverse to bacon, this cheesy potato with Velveeta recipe is perfect without the bacon on top. Bake until bubbly.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 1167mg | Potassium: 1124mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 463IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 289mg | Iron: 2mg