Hot Dried Beef Dip
Hot Dried Beef Dip is a creamy dip with all the classic flavors of a cheese ball---cream cheese, dried beef, and pecans. This new version may soon replace your standby cheese ball recipe for your next get together.
Servings: 8 people
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Ttablespoons instant minced onion (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2.25 ounces dried beef, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (salted)
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
Beat together cream cheese, sour cream and milk until smooth and creamy.
Stir in minced onion, salt and pepper, and chopped dried beef.
Pour into a shallow 1-quart dish; top with butter pecans.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Serve with crackers.
- Dried beef, also known as chipped beef, is a jar of beef that has been dried. It has a salty, unique flavor.
- Be sure to let the cream cheese soften; if not, your mixture will have clumps. It takes several minutes on a high speed to get cream cheese to a smooth texture.
- You can lighten up this recipe by using low fat or fat free sour cream and skim milk.
- If your pecans are not already salted, be sure to add salt with the melted butter (around 1/8 teaspoon).
- To change things up, try adding chopped green peppers in at the same time as the dried beef.
- One of our favorite ways to use dried beef is in Chipped Beef Gravy or Creamed Dried Beef Gravy.