Broccoli Cheese Soup with Sausage
Broccoli Cheese Soup with Sausage is an updated version of our favorite soup containing ground pork sausage for a flavorful alternative for dinner. Kids and adults alike fall in love with this classic soup.
Servings: 8 people
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups diced potatoes
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 pound Velveeta
- 21 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound pork sausage, cooked and drained
Brown and drain pork sausage. Set aside.
Simmer diced onions, chicken bouillon and water for 20 minutes.
Add diced potatoes, frozen broccoli, and shredded carrots, and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
Stir in cream of chicken soup, Velveeta and sausage, and heat until Velveeta is melted.
- This is a spin on classic broccoli cheese soup.
- Cook and drain ground pork sausage before adding to the soup so it isn't too greasy.
- Omit carrots and add more broccoli if desired, up to 20 ounces.
- Swap fresh broccoli for frozen broccoli. We love using fresh broccoli in 4 Ingredient Broccoli Casserole.
- If the soup is too thick, add water at the end to thin out.
- Wondering how much chicken bouillon equals a cube? Use 1 teaspoon of the chicken bouillon powder for each cube of chicken bouillon.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1820mg | Potassium: 864mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3673IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 382mg | Iron: 2mg