Velveeta Cheese Dip with Beans
Velveeta Cheese Dip with Beans is the perfect game day recipe. This cheesy Queso dip is taco flavored and full of ground beef and black beans. Serve with tortilla chips for the win!
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound Velveeta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
Brown ground beef in a skillet; drain excess grease if needed. Add packet of taco seasoning, stir and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add flour and stir for 30 seconds.
Add milk, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
Add Velveeta (cubed) and shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
Add drained beans and seasoned ground beef. Stir to mix. Heat until desired temperature.
Serve with tortilla chips.
- This taco Queso dip with Velveeta is the perfect game day recipe. It's cheesy and creamy, and full of taco flavor.
- Feel free to swap out kidney beans for black beans if desired in this Mexican bean dip.
- Looking for a Crock Pot version? Try out Crock Pot Sausage Queso dip.
- If the cheese seizes up, add a little more milk to loosen it up.
- Try not to eat all this chili cheese and bean dip all at once. It's addicting!