Classic Zucchini Bread
Classic Zucchini Bread is just what the names implies - a no-nonsense summertime quick bread. This recipe has the perfect, moist, cinnamon flavor, and is basically the best ever zucchini bread.
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Prepare 2 loaf pans (9 x 5 inch) by spraying all sides generously with nonstick baking spray.
On medium speed, mix zucchini, eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients until just mixed between each addition.
Divide the batter evenly into prepared loaf pans.
Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pans.
- I love that this is a zucchini bread recipe that makes 2 loaves. One for now, and one for later. Double layer it up tightly in foil, and toss it in the deep freezer for later.
- There's no need to squeeze out the excess water in the zucchini - just grate and go.
- To grate zucchini, use a hand grater or a food processor with a grating attachment.
- Be sure to grease the pans generously or spray all sides with nonstick cooking spray so that they will remove easily.