Easy Pan Fried Zucchini
Easy Pan Fried Zucchini is a fast side dish to use up garden zucchini. These zucchini coins are breaded lightly and pan fried until crispy, salty and delicious. Grate with fresh Parmesan, and serve!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt or seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or enough to barely cover bottom of skillet)
Wash and slice zucchini into thin slices, approximately 1/8 inch thick.
Beat eggs in a bowl.
Mix flour, salt and black pepper in a separate bowl or plate.
Dip zucchini slices into eggs; then dredge in flour mixture.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until the oil is hot.
Add breaded zucchini slices. Do not overcrowd pan.
Fry on first side until golden brown (approximately 3 minutes); flip and cook the other side.
Remove to a plate lined with a paper-towel. While hot, grate fresh Parmesan over zucchini coins and add additional salt to taste.
- You can use zucchini or yellow summer squash or a combination in this pan fried zucchini with Parmesan recipe.
- I tend to slice my zucchini fairly thin (1/8 inch), but you can leave thicker if that is your preference.
- This pan fried zucchini recipe involves a two-step breading method. First, dip the zucchini into beaten eggs, and then dredge in flour. This will form the batter.
- Be sure to season the flour mixture well with salt and pepper. I also sometimes substitute seasoned salt for regular salt in easy pan fried zucchini.
- For the frying oil, use vegetable or canola oil.
- It is best to remove the pan fried zucchini to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil. Be sure to grate the Parmesan cheese over immediately and then taste to see if additional salt is needed. If so, salt while hot so that the salt sticks to the fried squash.
- Try some of our other favorite zucchini recipes including Mocha Glazed Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Pie and Frosted Zucchini Bars.