Crock Pot French Onion Pork Chops and Rice
Crock Pot French Onion Pork Chops and Rice is a meal for the whole family. Let the pork chops cook all day and just add the rice when you are ready to eat.
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time4 hours hrs
Total Time4 hours hrs 15 minutes mins
Course: Entree, Main Course
Keyword: Crock Pot French Onion Pork Chops and Rice, French Onion Pork Chops, Slow Cooker French Onion Pork Chops and Rice
Servings: 6 people
- 4-6 pork chops
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (10.5) cans condensed French Onion soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup instant rice
Mix flour, salt and pepper; coat each pork chop evenly with the mixture.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown pork chops on each side until golden brown.
Add browned chops to crock pot insert.
Pour condensed French Onion soup, water and celery seeds over pork chops.
Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Add instant rice and stir. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes on high or until the rice is cooked through.
- Browning the pork chops is optional; however, you will get so much more flavor and a much much more tender pork chop when you take the extra time to do so.
- During the browning step, use vegetable, canola or corn oil.
- The beauty of this recipe is that you can use as few or as many pork chops as you need. For this quantity of french onion sauce, 3-6 pork chops would cook properly.
- Be sure to use minute (instant) white rice for this slow cooker french onion pork chop recipe.
- This french onion pork chop recipe is perfect served without the rice, or cook regular white rice on the stove top and serve the pork chops and sauce over the rice.
- My family loves French Onion. Some of our favorites include French Onion Joes and French Onion Rice Casserole.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 2mg