Cake Mix Sunrise Cinnamon Loaves - Breakfast Bread with Cake Mix
Cake Mix Sunrise Cinnamon Loaves are perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dessert. Yellow cake mix makes for a moist bread, and the cinnamon sugar is tasty swirled all the way through the loaves. Making breakfast bread with cake mix is easy, and it is perfect to pop an extra loaf in the freezer to have later.
Servings: 2 loaves
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix with Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans (grease and flour).
Combine the first 5 ingredients in large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 3 minutes.
Pour a quarter of the batter into the bottom of each pan.
Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle half of the mixture evenly over the batter in both pans. (Add nuts, chocolate chips or other goodies here, if you want to.)
Spread the remaining batter evenly into the loaf pans; sprinkle the top of the loaves with the remaining sugar mixture. Use a knife to gently swirl sugar and cinnamon into batter.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes (baking time varies if you do small loaf pans or muffins).
Cool on wire racks.
- Look for cake mixes that say they have pudding added. Aldi's brand has pudding-in-the-mix, as does Betty Crocker and Pillsbury. If you can't find one with pudding, regular cake mix works too.
- Substitute white cake mix, lemon cake mix or any other options for a fun new spin on these sunrise loaves.
- Chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or chopped nuts would be a great addition to this quick bread using cake mix recipe.
- The sugar on top can burn, so be sure to check the loaves around the 30 minute mark in the oven.
- Freeze and Serve Instructions: Place cooled loaves in freezer bags and place in freezer. To serve, thaw at room temperature or put a frozen slice into the toaster.
- Love cake mix recipes? Try these amazing Yellow Cake Mix Gooey Bars.
- The carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information is auto-calculated and can vary depending on the products used. They should not be used for specific dietary needs.
Calories: 1305kcal | Carbohydrates: 273g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 327mg | Sodium: 2013mg | Potassium: 299mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 163g | Vitamin A: 511IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 718mg | Iron: 8mg