One Pot Homemade Frisco Melt Hamburger Helper
One Pot Frisco Melt Hamburger Helper is all the flavors of a classic Steak 'n Shake Frisco melt burger in the form of a quick, weeknight pasta. The ingredients are simple - ground beef, macaroni, thousand island and french dressings, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Swiss cheese and Velveeta.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups dry macaroni, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1/4 cup French dressing (see notes)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup Velveeta or American cheese
In a skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Drain excess fat, and return ground beef to the skillet.
Add uncooked macaroni, water, thousand island dressing, French dressing, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce to the skillet and cover with lid. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to simmer until the macaroni is cooked through, approximately 5 to 10 additional minutes.
Add both cheeses directly to the skillet, stirring until completely melted.
- If you don't want to use a combination of thousand island and French dressings, you can use 100% one or the other.
- We use ground beef for this recipe. Use whatever ground beef blend you prefer (lean:fat), just drain the excess fat if necessary.
- Use ground turkey, instead of ground beef, in this Frisco Melt Hamburger Helper recipe if desired.
- Our homemade hamburger helper recipe calls for uncooked elbow macaroni. If you don't have this in the pantry, feel free to swap out for whatever type of pasta you have. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time.
- The traditional cheese blend in Frisco melts is combination of Swiss and American cheese. However, Velveeta gives the One Pot Homemade Frisco Melt Hamburger Helper a creamy texture, but you could use shredded American if that's what you have on hand.
- Make this Frisco sauce with Thousand Island dressing, French dressing, Ketchup and Worcestershire sauce to enjoy with other foods, like French fries!
- If you're a fan of Frisco Melts, try Frisco Tater Tot Casserole, Frisco Sloppy Joes, and Crock Pot Frisco Tater Tot Casserole.
Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 575mg | Potassium: 319mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 215mg | Iron: 2mg