Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole with Potato Chips
This classic chicken noodle casserole with a crunchy potato chip topping will take you right back to your childhood. Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole with Potato Chips is quick and simple, and your family will give it two thumbs up.
Servings: 8 people
- 21 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 4 cups par-cooked egg noodles
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 4 oz. diced pimentos, drained
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 13x9 inch pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
Par-cook wide egg noodles by boiling for 6 minutes. Drain.
Mix together all ingredients except crushed potato chips.
Pour mixture into prepared 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle crushed potato chips over the top of the casserole.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is heated through and the edges are bubbly.
- This is a great way to use leftover chicken. It could be leftover rotisserie chicken from the supermarket, leftover grilled chicken (Easiest Grilled Chicken Ever), leftover poached chicken, leftover turkey breast (Crock Pot Turkey Breast), or even canned chicken that has been drained. Any of those or more will work!
- Do yourself a favor and plan ahead. Make chicken over the weekend, and be sure to make enough that you have some for this recipe on another night.
- This recipe could be completely prepared over the weekend, covered tightly and refrigerated. Then, on the night you want to eat it, pop it in the oven. Just note, it will take longer to warm completely through.
- Be sure to par-cook the noodles before mixing with the other ingredients. We used wide egg noodles that we cooked for around 6 minutes, and then drained.
- You can use any other type noodle or pasta that you prefer. This is a good way to use partial boxes that are taking up space in the cabinet.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 650mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 788IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg