Easy Bacon Pea Salad - A Pea Salad Recipe With Egg and Bacon
Easy Bacon Pea Salad is absolute perfection. The simple mixture of peas, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, hard boiled eggs and mayonnaise marries together into the perfect summertime salad fit for any picnic or family get-together.
Servings: 8 people
- 15 ounces canned peas, drained
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup bacon, fried and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Prep your ingredients, including frying and chopping bacon, draining peas, shredding cheese and chopping onion.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix gently.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- We use canned peas; however, you can absolutely use thawed frozen peas if desired.
- We highly recommend using a block of cheddar cheese that you grate yourself with the large side of a box grater. However, there is nothing wrong with taking a short cut and using pre-shredded cheese, but grating the cheese yourself takes it to a whole new level.
- Use whatever cheddar cheese you prefer. We tend to use the mild type, but sharp cheddar would be delicious too.
- Bacon, bacon, bacon. If you love it as much as we do, feel free to use a little more than the recipe calls for. You could garnish with extra bacon on top for some added wow factor.
- Onions can be omitted, if desired.
- Try our Old Fashioned Pea Salad too!
- The nutritional information below is auto-calculated and can vary depending on the products used. It should not be used for specific dietary needs.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1014IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg