Salmon quiche is a new version of a classic quiche using canned salmon, mozzarella cheese, eggs and heavy cream. It is fancy enough for a party but is also down to earth and quick to prepare.
- 14.75 oz. canned salmon
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 deep dish pie crust, frozen
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare salmon by draining liquid and removing skin and bones.
In a bowl, lightly beat heavy cream, eggs, salt and pepper.
Add salmon and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Pour into frozen pie crust.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through to the center. If it begins to get to dark for your liking, cover lightly with aluminum foil.
Let rest for 10 to 15 minute to set up before cutting. It can be served hot or at room temperature.
- Be sure to use a deep dish frozen pie crust. If you use the regular size, it will run over.
- Drain the liquid from salmon. Remove skin and bones and discard. Those bones can be eaten for a great source of calcium if desired.
- You could make this a lighter version using half and half or fat free half and half.
- Feel free to customize by adding cooked onions, spinach or cooked broccoli, or you could change up the cheese option. Swiss cheese would be a good alternative.
- If the top of the quiche starts to get to dark for your liking, cover lightly with foil at the end.
- This quiche can be served hot or at room temperature.
- Try our Salmon Patties and Salmon Casserole.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 589mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 759IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 2mg