Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken and Vegetables
Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken and Vegetables features thinly pounded pieces of chicken (breast or thigh), diced potatoes and stalks of asparagus dressed in a delicious ranch sauce baked on a single sheet pan. It's a one pan plan in less than thirty minutes.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or thighs 3-4 pieces
- 8-10 asparagus spears, frozen or fresh
- 2 potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing mix powdered
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Prepare chicken by pounding into even thin pieces with a meat mallet.
Wash and cut potatoes into bite size pieces.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise, ranch and parmesan cheese.
Add a generous amount of ranch sauce to the potatoes and stir to coat. Add to the sheet pan.
Arrange the chicken and asparagus beside the potatoes on the pan. Pour the remaining ranch sauce over chicken and asparagus.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees, and bake for up to an additional 10 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender and the meat is cooked through.
- You can use chicken breasts or thighs, whatever you prefer.
- You can buy the chicken in thin cutlets, or you can pound the chicken pieces out yourself. It is important that the chicken is an even thickness so it cooks evenly. No one wants dry chicken or under cooked chicken.
- To pound it out yourself, place the chicken between two sheets of parchment or waxed paper or place it in a large resealable bag that has been closed. Pound it out with a meat mallet or do what I do and use a rolling pin.
- Be sure to use real mayonnaise.
- No need for expensive Parmesan cheese. The grated type (cheap) works perfect.
- Use your favorite Ranch dressing mix (powdered).
- For even easier clean up, line the entire sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- We use frozen asparagus spears in the winter and fresh in the summer. If you used frozen asparagus spears, put them straight from the freezer onto the pan - no need to defrost.
- Feel free to change up the vegetables for your favorites. Green beans, carrots, cauliflower, the sky is the limit.
- You can easily add more or make less to accommodate the size of your family.
- Try our other favorite sheet pan meals---4 Ingredient Chicken Legs and Sheet Pan Fajitas.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 2874mg | Potassium: 950mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 364IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2mg