Instant Pot Vegetable Soup with Lemon and Ginger
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe features the flavors of lemon and ginger and takes less than an hour from prep to table.
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, thin slices
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 chunk ginger, peeled (2 inch chunk)
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh basil, optional
Add all ingredients to the cooking insert of a electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
Close and seal the lid, locking it into place. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Allow pressure to release using the natural pressure release method.
Fish out ginger chunk and discard before eating. Top with fresh basil if desired.
- Use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- You can chop, dice, and shred your vegetables by hand, but Barbara prefers to use a food processor. So fast! And it gets the carrots into thin "coin" shapes.
- Use about a 2-inch chunk of ginger. Be sure to peel it. Toss the whole chunk in, and be sure to fish it out before eating. If you have extra ginger, put it in a resealable bag and freeze it.
- We used vegetable broth for this recipe, but you could use chicken or beef broth. Low sodium is best.
- If you don't like heat, leave out the red pepper flakes. Or add more if you like it HOT!
- For easy storage and transport, try storing your soup in mason jars with lids.
- Try our stove-top Low Calorie Cabbage Soup for another healthy option.
Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 563mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4242IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg