Low-Carb Sesame Broccoli
This simple Low-Carb Sesame Broccoli recipe is packed with flavor from four simple ingredients, including garlic, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 - 2 heads fresh broccoli
To toast sesame seeds, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spread sesame seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
Wash and cut broccoli into florets. Steam until crisp-tender either in the microwave or in a steamer insert on the stove top (approximately 5 to 7 minutes).
In a small saucepan, add soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Stir and cook on low for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not boil.
To serve, arrange hot broccoli in a serving dish; pour warm sauce on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- You should store sesame oil in a dark place at room temperature to prevent it from forming off-flavors.
- Sesame seeds are optional in this recipe.
- To make the sesame seeds more flavorful, you can roast them in a 375 F degree oven for 3 to 5 minutes on a baking sheet.
- Try our top low carb recipe: Low Carb Tuscan Soup.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 570mg | Potassium: 666mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1263IU | Vitamin C: 181mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2mg