Crock Pot Brats
These Crock Pot Brats are tender and flavorful, perfect for a normal weeknight or for your next tailgate party.
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 brats use between 5-8 brats
- 1 onion, sliced
- 12 oz. beer, your favorite can or bottle
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
In a saucepan, boil brats in water for 5 minutes to remove fat.
Drain brats; place in slow cooker insert.
Mix all remaining ingredients, and pour over the brats.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Serve in buns, smothered in the cooking sauce if desired.
- Boiling the brats first will help eliminate some of the fat.
- Use whatever type of beer you have on hand for these crock pot beer brats.
- The sauce is flexible: use a little bit more of one ingredient or a little bit less of another. This is a good way to use up ingredients you have on hand.
- I love grilling these for a couple minutes right before serving to brown and crisp up the outside.
- Be sure to cook the brats to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Try serving these along side Buttermilk Mac and Cheese and Crock Pot Calico Beans.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 1457mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 817IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg