Stovetop Italian Bean Soup - A Creamy Italian Sausage Soup Recipe
Soup, like this creamy Italian Sausage Soup, is one of those dishes that can be quick and easy to make with ingredients that are usually in your pantry or refrigerator. This Stovetop Italian Bean Soup recipe can be ready to serve in under 30 minutes and all of the work can be done in one pan.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 12.5 ounces canned evaporated milk
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (undrained) 2, 14.5 oz cans
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 15.5 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
Brown Italian Sausage; remove from pan and set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt butter.
Add diced onions and minced garlic, cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
Stir in flour.
Slowly add evaporated milk and chicken broth, stirring occasionally until the mixture comes to a boil.
Add tomatoes (undrained), cooked sausage and kidney beans.
Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This Italian sausage soup is a fast, weeknight option. It comes together quickly and feeds a crowd.
- Swap in whatever sausage you prefer---hot, mild, Italian, pork, etc.
- If you buy your Italian Sausage in links, remove the casing and discard. Brown up the rest for the soup.
- Use Italian diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, or even regular canned, diced tomatoes. If you use regular, add your own dried Italian seasonings.
- You could also you Italian San Marzano Tomatoes in a can. Use your fingers or a meat chopper to chop the whole tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Swap in white beans for red kidney beans, if desired in this Italian Sausage Soup.
- This would be great served along Cheesy Garlic Biscuits.
- The nutritional information below is auto-calculated and can vary depending on the products used. It should not be used for specific dietary needs.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 988mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 403IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 3mg