Low-Carb Tuscan Soup
Low-Carb Tuscan Soup features sausage and riced cauliflower (and some heavy whipping cream) for a comforting family-friendly meal. This gluten-free soup is quick to pull together for an easy weeknight dinner.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 16 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb. cooked pork sausage
- 12 oz. riced cauliflower, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Melt butter in a large saucepan.
Add onion (optional) and minced garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Pour in the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream. Bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
Add cooked sausage, cooked riced cauliflower, black pepper and salt; heat through.
- This is a recreation of our number one most popular recipe-- Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup.
- In this version, we eliminated the flour that was in the original recipe, which is a big no-no for low carb. We also made a couple other simple substitutions.
- We swapped the evaporated milk for heavy whipping cream. Riced cauliflower is our substitution for the white beans. Not familiar with riced cauliflower? You can find this in the freezer section of the grocery store. We use the steamer bags that you cook in the microwave. This Low-Carb Tuscan Soup is sure to satisfy your soup craving.
- If your family likes different seasonings, do not be afraid to taste the soup before serving and add your own spin to the soup. That's one of the great things about what we call "base" recipes - with just a few of your own additions, you can make them your own!
- Looking for other low carb recipes? Try our Instant Pot Low-Carb Mashed Cauliflower or Low-Carb Baked Spaghetti Squash.
Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 844mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1053IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg