Crockpot Minestrone with Beef Stew Meat
Crock Pot Minestrone with Cubed Beef is a one-pot meal that feeds a crowd. This Italian-inspired soup recipe uses beef stew meat for a hearty minestrone packed with vegetables and beans.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 6 cups water
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces frozen diced vegetables (corn, peas and green beans)
- 15.5 ounces garbanzo beans, drained
- 15.5 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
Season cubed beef with salt and black pepper. Cut beef in smaller chunks, if desired.
Add beef, water, crushed tomatoes, beef bouillon, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, oregano and frozen vegetables in slow cooker insert. Cook on low for 8 hours.
After the 8 hours on low, add garbanzo beans, kidney beans and macaroni to the soup. Cook for additional 30-45 minutes or until macaroni is cooked to your desired liking.
Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you want additional flavor to this classic minestrone in the crock pot, sear the beef cubes in oil in a skin before adding to the crock pot insert.
- I prefer to cut the 1-inch cubed beef into smaller pieces to make it equal in size to the veggies and beans.
- Season the cubed beef with salt and pepper before adding to the crock pot.
- Try serving this Slow Cooker Classic Minestrone topped with grated Parmesan.
- If you prefer a chunkier, hearty minestrone, consider adding a second bag of frozen, mixed vegetables, an extra pound of beef or additional cans of beans to the crock pot.
- Ground beef can be substituted for cubed beef in this classic minestrone recipe.
- Beef stock is perfectly suitable to be substituted for the water and beef bouillon.
- Another easy soup using beef stew meat is our Beef and Barley Soup recipe.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 926mg | Potassium: 875mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2381IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 5mg