Island Pork - A Sweet and Sour Pork Stir-Fry
Island Pork has a flavor-packed sauce, tender pork, pineapple and peppers. This Sweet and Sour Pork Pork Stir-Fry Recipe is sure to be a family favorite when served over a bed of rice.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time25 minutes mins
Course: Entree, Main Course
Keyword: easy sweet and sour pork, island pork, island sweet and sour pork, pork stir-fry with pineapple, sweet and sour pork, sweet and sour pork stir fry, sweet and sour pork with pineapple
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pepper cubed (green, yellow or red)
- 3/4 pound boneless pork shoulder or cubed pork loin or center cut pork chops cubed
Drain pineapple, reserving the juice.
Add water to the reserved pineapple juice to make 3/4 cup total.
Add cornstarch, soy sauce, honey, chicken bouillon, garlic and black pepper to pineapple juice; set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Cook pork and peppers, stirring constantly until pork is barely pink.
Add the pineapple juice mixture and pineapple, and cook until thickened and bubbly, continuing to stir constantly.
Serve over cooked, white rice.
- We used green pepper in our pork stir-fry with pineapple, but any color bell pepper works.
- Canned pineapple chunks or tidbits can be used. Or, if you have the pineapple rings on hand, use those and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Don't discard the drained pineapple juice; you'll need it for the sweet and sour pork stir fry sauce.
- Add enough water to the pineapple juice so that you have 3/4 cups liquid total.
- This pork stir-fry with pineapple tastes great served over white rice. We use a microwave rice cooker for perfectly cooked rice.
- Prefer shrimp or chicken stir-fry? Sub in your favorite protein for pork, if desired.
- Looking for a chicken stir fry recipe? Try our version. It has a special secret ingredient.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 1092mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 71IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg