Taco Salad with Homemade Dressing
This Taco Salad with Homemade Dressing is perfect for your next pitch-in or as a fun weeknight dinner for the family.
- 1 head of lettuce torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 package cherry tomatoes halved
- 16 oz. package shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1/2 bag of your favorite Doritos Taco or Sweet Chili are especially good
- 1 can Campbell's Tomato Soup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Brown the ground beef in a skillet, crumbling as you go; drain fat.
Add the ground beef back to skillet with the drained beans. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat.
For dressing, add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
When ready to serve, toss lettuce, onion, tomatoes, cheese, Doritos, ground beef mixture and dressing; serve immediately,
- Use your favorite taco salad ingredients.
- Substitute black beans or pinto beans for kidney beans.
- Do not toss this until right before serving. You do not want a soggy salad.
- This Catalina taco salad dressing will stay good in the refrigerator for a couple weeks. Just give it a good stir or shake before using. Feel free to make it ahead of time.
- Any flavor of Doritos can be used.
- Try our other favorite Taco Salad recipe.
Calories: 935kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 73g | Saturated Fat: 48g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 64597257mg | Potassium: 13783mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 963IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 40534mg | Iron: 552mg