Easy Stovetop Chicken
This Easy Stovetop Chicken can be fixed in minutes to make a delicious sandwich or served over pasta with your favorite sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of parchment or waxed paper until 1/4 inch thick. Or, start with thin-sliced chicken breasts from the supermarket.
Season flour heavily with approximately 1/4 t. seasoned salt and 1/8 t. black pepper.
Pour flour mixture on a plate and dredge chicken breasts until lightly covered.
Heat butter and oil in flat bottomed skillet over medium heat.
Once the the butter-oil mixture is sizzling, add the chicken breasts.
Cook until the chicken has a golden crust approximately 5 minutes.
Turn, and cook on the other side until it has the same golden crust, approximately 3 minutes.
Serve as a sandwich on a buttered and toasted bun.
- The key to this quick fried chicken cutlet is to have a very thin chicken breast. Either buy them this way at the store or pound them out thing yourself.
- I like the combination of vegetable oil and butter, but you can do all one or the other if needed.
- Seasoned salt is super tasty but use regular salt if needed. To make your own seasoned salt, blend together salt, onion powder, garlic powder and a little chili powder.
- These taste great along our Italian Green Bean Salad.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 266mg | Potassium: 836mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg