Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
For a homemade yeast roll, these Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls are relatively quick to make and the result is a super soft cinnamon roll.
Servings: 36 rolls
- 2 packages of dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 4 1/2 cups flour (see notes about amount of flour)
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Dissolve yeast in warm water;
Add cake mix and flour. Knead for 5 minutes.
Let rise until doubled in size.
Divide into two parts.
Roll out one at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. Brush melted butter over entire surface of dough.
Combine brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over dough.
Roll up tightly like a jelly roll, and cut into 1-inch thick slices.
Repeat with second ball of dough.
Place in (2) greased 13x9 inch metal pan or (4) round pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes; top with cream cheese icing.
- Substitute a white cake mix for yellow, if needed.
- Just like any other yeast dough recipe, the amount of flour needed can vary from day to day. If the dough seems super sticky, add a little bit more flour and knead until it's soft but not completely sticking to your fingers.
- When rolling out the dough, flour the rolling pin and the work surface so the dough doesn't stick.
- Spread the melted butter and sprinkle the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture all the way to the edges.
- Roll up tightly and pinch the edges so that the cinnamon roll holds together.
- This tasty cake mix cinnamon roll recipe makes enough for (2) 13 x 9 inch baking dishes or (4) round cake pans.
- Just like when baking biscuits, arrange the cinnamon rolls so that the edges are touching in the pan.
- We love to pour homemade cream cheese frosting over the warm cinnamon rolls for a decadent treat.
- Short on time? Try a shortcut version using crescent rolls.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 66mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg