Cream Cheese Frosting
This Cream Cheese Frosting is perfect for almost any baked good, including cinnamon rolls, carrot cake and even graham crackers.
- 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Beat together softened cream cheese and butter.
Add milk and vanilla, and then slowly add powdered sugar.
Beat until smooth and creamy.
Frost cinnamon rolls, cookies or cake or eat on graham crackers.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- When making this frosting, be sure that your cream cheese and butter are both softened.
- The great thing about this frosting is that you can control the consistency. If you want it a bit thinner than what we show on this post, just don't add all the powdered sugar.
- Use a hand mixer to get the cream cheese frosting fluffy and creamy.
- For lump-free frosting, try sifting the powdered sugar before adding it to this easy cream cheese frosting recipe.
- Serve this smothered over Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
- For cream cheese frosting for cinnamon rolls, we put on the icing when the rolls are warm which melts the cream cheese icing into a thinner consistency. For a nice thick cream cheese icing, let the rolls cool first, and then frost.